Archive for October 2013
Some of the weirdest religious marketing ideas are collected on “Gadgets for God,” part of the Ship of Fools website. The merchandise shows an incredible variety of tastes, including:
- A birdhouse shaped like a church.
- Jewish-interest beer, labeled “He’Brew.”
- A toilet seat cover with the slogan “Let My People Go.”
- A dispenser of Eucharistic wafers that looks better suited to Pez candies.
- Inflatable churches that serve as hot-air balloons. (Write your own jokes, folks.)
- An blue-green clock shaped like a mosque, with a shrill muezzin’s call to prayer as a jarring alarm.
- Narnia bookends: one with Aslan, the other with the White Queen. Depending on whose side you take, I suppose.
While you’re there, click the homepage and explore. Ship of Fools has all the droll humor you’d expect of a Christian site out of the U.K.
— James D. Davis